Organization challenge!!!!!!!! WEEK TWO!!!!

Re: Organization challenge!!!!!!!! WEEK TWO!!!!

Postby Suzan » July 3rd, 2011, 10:04 am

Ooh I like yours too. May have to make one for other stuff. and i have the same drawer thing too. I also lined the bottom of my caddy with some foam board so it could hold my sharper things, like knitting needles I use for curving and bending and my stylus. That way they have some thing soft.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » July 3rd, 2011, 12:18 pm

Well here is my messy but organized tape drawer and glue drawer and some counter organizers. I too used desktop organizers to put tools is (the black one spins around) - and the little painters bag on the wall comes in handy for larger items. Have lots of little buckets ($1 at Target for colored ones) that are great pens, pencis, whatever. I have some on top and some in my drawers to keep things in place.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby kathybessey » July 3rd, 2011, 1:04 pm

OK my paper was already in order so I didn't get in on the first part and pictures -- ummmm I have sooooo many to sort through (all of my parents photos and my grandparents photos besides my own!) so I'll leave that for another time! :hide:

However this part - tools and such, I have it probably about half way accomplished already but need to finish.
kathybessey

Postby CaseysAngel » July 3rd, 2011, 11:00 pm

I HOPE to get mine started tomorrow!!!!!
CaseysAngel

Postby CeCeCreates » July 3rd, 2011, 11:18 pm

Ok, first of all, what is wrong with scrapbooks? :roll: I have made several. OK, confession time. I haven't made any since I got my first cutter, LOL! But, it is definitely on my list! And Jeannette: I made a scrapbook for my mom. They key is not to do ALL the photos, just pick the highlights. It spans over 80 years, but is all in one (albeit) rather large scrapbook. And she loves it. It is one of her most prized possessions, and she shows it to everyone.

Now, my paper was already as organized as it was going to be and then well...... I went into my craft room to get a piece of cardstock, and the shelf that all the boxes of paper was in fell!!! Scared the **** out of me. Fortunately not much of the paper was damaged. So, I was forced to do some reorganizing. As to photos, nope, not happening. :hide: And the rest of it, nope not happening either. I will continue to create in chaos!
CeCeCreates

Cutter: Black Cat 13 inch

Postby PennyDuncan » July 3rd, 2011, 11:49 pm

Oh Cece I think scrapbooks are AMAZING!!! It's just something that has never gotten my attention....just something I don't enjoy....but oh I LOVE to look at ones other's have made!!!! Now that STINKS about the shelf......I had that happen once with a shelf I had wallpaper books on and it scare the crap out of me too!!!!! LOL
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Suzan » July 4th, 2011, 12:33 am

CeCeCreates wrote:Ok, first of all, what is wrong with scrapbooks? :roll: I have made several. OK, confession time. I haven't made any since I got my first cutter, LOL! But, it is definitely on my list! And Jeannette: I made a scrapbook for my mom. They key is not to do ALL the photos, just pick the highlights. It spans over 80 years, but is all in one (albeit) rather large scrapbook. And she loves it. It is one of her most prized possessions, and she shows it to everyone.

Now don't yell at me cuz if you knew this bunch of moms you would cringe. They were super sappy sicky sweet soccer moms. Now I have nothing against scrapping or soccer moms, I swear they all drove the same type of mini vans, and completely went over board with everything they did. Me, well my baby played soccer one season and hated it. But I was invited to scrap, and I about went crazy. I guess I was the rebel with out a cause with out meaning to be. I just didn't fit the group. I drove a pickup truck, only had 1 daughter, not a ton of kids, I worked, they didn't, and I just am not the bling cutesy type they were we just clashed, and honestly that is the memory that comes up everytime I think about scrapping. But that was back in the early nineties, and I know things have changed a lot, I think I could do a book with a theme or something like that.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby meme » August 9th, 2011, 5:25 pm

I just read this today :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: got a big tickle out of it. When I saw and read about sorting your papers I thought I would about die!!! Mine is easy to organize because I don't really have much of any papers; I think I have maybe 4-6 inches of papers and cardstock together. I hadn't really ever bought any until this year and when I went to purchase some cardstock; I was in shock at what it cost for 1 piece. Felt like :banghead: so didn't buy much at all. Than I went to a yard sale and found some paper but no cardstock; I have one of my sisters watching for me when she goes to yard sales. I couldn't rationalize spending so much for paper and need to find some places that sell more for less but still good. I mainly buy duralar for stencil's but thought I would like to get into some of the other stuff but was choking on the prices. Duralar isn't real cheap either but I buy on the roll and always with a coupon and make sure I use it wisely and not waste much. So, for me organizing the cardstock and papers is easy!!!! :D
meme

Postby Mary Kobe » August 9th, 2011, 7:29 pm

I just want someone to come and do all the organizing! I will PAY!!!! I would probably only take a few hours...ok, a day! I get organized, then unorganized, then organized, then unorganized...it is a vicious circle! I keep proscrastinating saying "next Saturday"...next Saturday has not arrived! LOL

My bachelor's degree is in Organizational Management...never taught me how to organize!
Mary Kobe

Postby meme » August 9th, 2011, 7:45 pm

Mary Kobe wrote:I just want someone to come and do all the organizing! I will PAY!!!! I would probably only take a few hours...ok, a day! I get organized, then unorganized, then organized, then unorganized...it is a vicious circle! I keep proscrastinating saying "next Saturday"...next Saturday has not arrived! LOL

My bachelor's degree is in Organizational Management...never taught me how to organize!

I am :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: I need someone with a bachelor's degree like you have to come organize my whole house!!!! I will be waiting! I am the Queen of procrastinating but give me a time limit and will have it done; otherwise I procrastinate terribly! :banghead: :banghead: My house needs cleaned and organized horribly! I will be waiting for you; your not that awful far from me. And I will be ready :whip: :whip:
meme

Postby kim » August 9th, 2011, 8:57 pm

I soooooooo need a good way to organize my patterned paper. I have all the themed stuff, which includes paper, in those 12 x 12 boxes. Then I have the rest in paper bins by color family or brand. All the paper packs are just in a cabinet, along with any other stuff that goes with it. The solids were easy.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Gigi » August 10th, 2011, 12:00 am

OMG - I LOVE Organizing (not that you would know it to look at my house but I am working on it!!) I label everything and always rearranging.

Mary - that is too funny about the degree in organizational management! Assuming it is the "other" kind of organization!! I wish we lived closer - I would be happy to come over and help - I love it.

Kim - my patterned paper is organized by main color - and then I also have it by linear patterns, circle patterns, and seasonal - seems to work for the most part!! (until I figure out a better way!!)

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Mary Kobe » August 10th, 2011, 5:36 am

Gigi--It is the OTHER kind of organization! I would have never made it through a degree program if I actually had to "organize"!

I would rather read the forum than organize!!!
Mary Kobe

Postby Gigi » August 10th, 2011, 5:37 pm

LOL Mary - I figured!!!

Well I will help anytime - wish we were closer!!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Angel135612 » August 10th, 2011, 9:24 pm

I need someone to come organize my stuff... I hate to organize, and I always think I don't have the "right" cabinets, containers, or what ever to get REALLY organized. Plus I do think I have too much stuff (DID I JUST SAY THAT??!?!?!?!??!?) May be some day I will try to tackle it, but it would take me at least a week, if not longer to get through everything, and I would keep changing my mind on where I wanted it or how I wanted arranged.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby CaseysAngel » August 10th, 2011, 9:38 pm

I have to pack mine up here very soon until we finish remodeling for the paper and I am seriously not looking forward to it. Maybe I can purge and organize as I go though and it be better when I'm all finished.LOL
CaseysAngel

Postby Gigi » August 10th, 2011, 10:33 pm

That's a really good time to purge, Christy. I have done the best cleaning out whenever I have either moved or redecorated a room. Just packing things up forces you to go through it and get rid of some things, and then usually, when you unpack you realize that you can get rid of even more because you did without it for awhile - so it's a double bonus.

But then there is always the possibility that with all of the extra room you create that you will want to fill it with new things!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby CaseysAngel » August 10th, 2011, 11:09 pm

nah, the room I"m going to will be smaller, more of a storage room than something I could really have room to craft in. The baby is getting my room but that's okay. I don't scrap in it anyway I drag it all in here.LOL
CaseysAngel

Postby Gigi » August 10th, 2011, 11:32 pm

Well I am sure whatever you do will be wonderful. Good luck with the purging! That always makes me feel good. Think I will tear apart a room tomorrow - it's time!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby CaseysAngel » August 10th, 2011, 11:41 pm

CAGigi wrote:Well I am sure whatever you do will be wonderful. Good luck with the purging! That always makes me feel good. Think I will tear apart a room tomorrow - it's time!

Thanks honey. I am hoping to get rid of what I don't need to help pay for the storage and stuff I will need. LOL
CaseysAngel

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges