Organization challenge!!!!!!!! WEEK TWO!!!!

Re: Organization challenge!!!!!!!! WEEK TWO!!!!

Postby Gigi » August 11th, 2011, 12:15 am

Yep - that's a good thing!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Mary Kobe » August 11th, 2011, 5:27 am

i purge twice a year. I fill totes with things I have not used or will not use and give them to my sister. She has a scrapbook sale in April or May and the money that she has gained pays for special therapy for my nephew with autism. There are ladies that come to the sale that live 2-3 hours away just because they know she has great prices and cool stuff! (My dh thinks I could purge more!)
Mary Kobe

Postby CaseysAngel » August 11th, 2011, 7:03 am

Mary that is the sweetest, coolest, most amazing thing for you to do for your sister. And how cool that it allows her the ability to pay for therapy her son needs. Now that's awesome!!!!
CaseysAngel

Postby Mary Kobe » August 11th, 2011, 9:08 am

Christy said:
Mary that is the sweetest, coolest, most amazing thing for you to do for your sister. And how cool that it allows her the ability to pay for therapy her son needs. Now that's awesome!!!!

Thanks, Christy!

We have a network of people that donate to the scrapbook sale, inlcuding some vendors. I check Craigslist and often find deal and buy them to donate. Last year, I found 1000 sheets of paper for 50.00 and donated it. She raises about $2000.00 to $3000.00 in her sale. In Kansas, autism is not covered by insurance, so this helps pay for some extras.
Mary Kobe

Postby CaseysAngel » August 11th, 2011, 9:44 am

oh that's a wonderful idea. So happy she gets help from so many.

You know, I don't know if she's thought of this but when I use to be at the old forum (LM not mtc) we held two charity auctions a year . One in July and one in October usually . Everyone that wanted to made homemade items. They would send pictures in and we'd post the pictures each in their own thread. Then we'd set a starting "bid". The auction stayed open for two weeks and whomever posted the highest bid won the item!!!! Then all the money was used to buy Christmas for those who needed help. It was GREAt.

It might be something your sister would want to consider. She could have people send her stuff and sell it on ebay even.
CaseysAngel

Postby Mary Kobe » August 11th, 2011, 6:55 pm

Christy, those are GREAT ideas! I will pass them on to her.
Mary Kobe

Postby CaseysAngel » August 11th, 2011, 8:40 pm

Mary Kobe wrote:Christy, those are GREAT ideas! I will pass them on to her.

Yep and really it might be easier, IF she had people she could trust, to just have them send it when the auction was over. That's what we did at LM. All the money went to a special paypal account set up for the auction. As each auction was paid for the person who donated the item got an email with the buyers address and of course notice that it had been paid they needed to ship. Then they'd ship directly. That way there was no double shipping.
CaseysAngel

Postby kathybessey » August 12th, 2011, 5:47 pm

What fabulous ideas for Mary's sister Christy! And how awesome that you and others do this for your sister and her child Mary!

As for the organizational stuff - I was so thrilled that when I got my crafting area set up in the new place I had my paper and card stock all organized...now I have been crafting the past week or so (OK since the Christmas in July crop) and everything is scattered! Ugh! Time to get re-organized.....well maybe when I get back from my trip! LOL
kathybessey

Postby kim » August 12th, 2011, 8:26 pm

Wow...I may have to send you some stuff when I next purge my stash. I think I probably have a ton of stuff if I really get down to purging.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Previous

Return to Challenges