A virtual party invite....

Re: A virtual party invite....

Postby Elizabeth » April 21st, 2013, 8:58 am

Good morning! Love seeing all of the projects. This morning, I finally got brave enough to engrave. I have a piece of Tyler's Aluminum in the Cougar, which is happily working away on one of Lisa's beautiful new engraving files. SCAL is having no problem handling the vast number of nodes, and I found it really easy to set up! The more I use this program, the better I like it. I love having the ability to use more than one software with my cutter!

I'm not sure how I'm going to finish the project, but I will post it if I come up with something good.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Angel135612 » April 21st, 2013, 9:22 am

Elizabeth, I just took a closer look at your first picture, and went to the Pinterest post, and then clicked on one of the links from there... found an amazing site that has a number of tutorials for paper crafting. One of them I found was about an app for the iPhone, for keeping track of your inventory. It's $2.99 and I'm sure the screen is the smaller size for the phone and not the iPad, but it sounds like it may be a great way to keep track of all your crafting supplies. (And it doesn't work with just one company, like Tim Holtz' app is just for his stuff) I haven't bought it yet, but it is something I'm going to look into and see if I can find more info on it. They don't make an Android app, which I would love for my phone, but I do almost always have my iPad with me (I just don't like apps whose screen is iPhone sized.. makes it hard to read).
Right now I'm keeping a list in One Note, since I have that on all my devices, and it is working okay. But this Kraft Invetory app, sound amazing as you can scan barcodes and it will look and see if you already have the product in your inventory, so you don't buy it again. Can't do that with OneNote, and if I miss seeing something I have, I probably would buy it again... LOL

Anyway, I wanted you to know I never would have found that site, or that app if you hadn't posted the link to the Pinterest and I hadn't gone looking for more info on the flowers. (I'm still not sure I found the ebook that the lady was talking about where she got the idea for the flowers from... LOL)
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Postby kmmhug » April 21st, 2013, 9:38 am

The Finished project! I am so happy with how it turned out!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kathy
kmmhug

Cutter: Cougar 18" Cameo

Postby Angel135612 » April 21st, 2013, 9:51 am

That looks AWESOME!!!! Such a beautiful way to store all your glitters!!!
Angel135612

Postby kmmhug » April 21st, 2013, 10:03 am

Thanks, I love it! I really love when my h and I do a project together like this although he definitely did the biggest part of the job.
Kathy
kmmhug

Postby Elizabeth » April 21st, 2013, 11:10 am

W-OW!!!!! Love that piece, Kathy!!!!! kwym about working with the hubs. I love that, too.

Diane, I am going to check that app out. Sounds like it might be just what I need for my IPOD. I have been getting a handle on Evernote to keep track of everything, but like OneNote, you can't scan into it. It may be the first app I actually spend money on. So far, I am just using free ones.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Elizabeth

Postby LisaH » April 21st, 2013, 11:26 am

Gorgeous cabinet re-do!!!

I need to know about this app...got a name for it? Or do I need to go back and do a search?
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Angel135612 » April 21st, 2013, 12:08 pm

The app is called Krafts Inventory, and it's $2.99 This is just for the iOS, they don't have it for Android.. would love to have it on my phone as well as my iPad.. but on well.. can't have everything... LOL

Elizabeth, I'm like you, I mostly have free apps on my iPad, and don't usually bother with paid ones, but this does sound like it will be a great thing to have. I did just download it, and I'm going to take some time today to start entering in my stuff.... that is going to be a major project in and of itself, but the fact that the app can scan barcodes and enter the info that way should save some time also.
If I decide I don't like it, I didn't waste too much money on it, and if I do like it, it will be well worth the cost.. especially if it keeps me from buying duplicates of something just once. LOL
Angel135612

Postby Gigi » April 21st, 2013, 1:00 pm

WOW Kathy - that turned out just beautiful! What a great collaboration!! Love it!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Elizabeth » April 21st, 2013, 3:24 pm

Here is one more project. I really had fun with this today!
DSCN6652-1.jpg

I used Lisa's engraving file, Penny's flower and frame files and Tyler's aluminum, so I feel like it's a real forum group effort. I mounted it in an antique box on the wall in my foyer. This is what the whole thing looks like.
DSCN6653-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Elizabeth

Postby Gigi » April 21st, 2013, 3:41 pm

That looks fabulous, Elizabeth!! Did you use alcohol inks on the aluminum? Looks a bit like the polished stone technique that I used to do years ago - had forgotten about it.

That is just sooooo pretty!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Angel135612 » April 21st, 2013, 3:59 pm

Love it!!!!!!!!
Angel135612

Postby kim » April 21st, 2013, 4:48 pm

Elizabeth, I love that Welcome sign. It truly is a collabrative effort of everyone's files. LOL.

Well, here are some of the things I have been working on. I found a Tim Holtx package of the mirror stuff YEAH (never know what we have in our stash) and did this welcome sign for my cousin who is a huge LSU fan. I will cut down and frame it, that way it won't be lopsided. Trying to get this "origin" or "knife point" thing down.

Then, I bought some files from SVGCuts a long time ago and I have never done anything with them. It has been on my "to do" list but just never got around to it. Well, this weekend I decided to do some. Problem....how do you put them together? The Book box is from Attic Treasures and after I put the book box together, I found the video on YouTube. I still haven't embellished yet since I am not sure how I want to embellish it yet.

THe next is the Butterfly Card from the Edisto Collection of SVGCuts. Video on their site and on the You Tube WILL NOT WORK. It's supposed to be a lever card or something and I just couldn't figure the thing out. So.....I just made do.

I have one other thing I am working on but I can't find my dry erase vinyl. Still looking around for it.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Angel135612 » April 21st, 2013, 5:42 pm

Those all look great Kim!!!! I didn't have time to work on anything else today... :( but I have tried to at least clean up my area a bit from the first two days.
Angel135612

Postby kim » April 21st, 2013, 5:45 pm

I dont care for the clean up part. :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: But I hve to say that I have enjoyed this weekend! It got my off my keester and doing some projects that I have had on my "to do" list for a long, long time. It got me energized. And now seeing some of the other projects that ya'll have done, I have added more "to do" stuff to my list. :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
kim

Postby Elizabeth » April 21st, 2013, 5:53 pm

Terrific projects, Kim! Thanks for inspiring me on the engraving, yours looks wonderful! You did a much better job on your book with out the video than I did a while ago. I forgot the whole top piece that makes the spine rounded! Oops!

I guess it is time to end the party, but everyone can still hang out if they want to. :) I will announce the big prize winner later on tonight.

(Gigi, you hit the nail on the head. I used alcohol inks on the aluminum before engraving it. It really makes the engraving pop.)

Elizabeth

Postby Angel135612 » April 21st, 2013, 5:59 pm

This has been a lot of fun!!!! Thanks for starting it all Elizabeth it would be fun to do this again. I would just need to have the weekend off again. LOL. (I can dream )
Angel135612

Postby Elizabeth » April 21st, 2013, 6:00 pm

Glad you enjoyed it, Diane. I did too. I would love to do it again.

Elizabeth

Postby kim » April 21st, 2013, 6:19 pm

Well, I certainly enjoyed it! And Elizabeth, I can't tell you that it wasn't easy trying to figure some of those things out. THe book wasn't too bad....just a few errors but it worked. The butterfly card is a whole other thing. I need those videos. I emailed SVGCuts about the videos.
kim

Postby kmmhug » April 21st, 2013, 7:06 pm

Kim I love that etching. I may have to give that a try one of these day!
Kathy
kmmhug

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges