A virtual party invite....

Re: A virtual party invite....

Postby Elizabeth » April 25th, 2013, 8:53 am

Would love to see pics - Retta and Sherri. Glad you had a chance to play along!

Retta, I often ink white test cuts that work out. That way I can use them in projects.

Sherri - I hadn't thought of adding vinyl to my Kayak. What a terrific idea!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Retta » April 25th, 2013, 12:07 pm

I will try to share some of the cuts too. iPhone has pics right now. Need to put them on computer.
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby Suzan » April 25th, 2013, 12:11 pm

Wow I need to buy a kayak now. LOL
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby sheri625 » April 25th, 2013, 6:37 pm

Okay, finally got them uploaded. First an explanation. Yes, the photos are upside down because they Kayaks are stored, stacked, upside down in the backyard. I took the photos on my phone, downloaded them, and flipped them. So no, I'm not really standing on my head (as in the shadow) taking the pictures. DH's Kayak is the orange one and already had a few items on it.

The puffin' bunny is the logo for Mad River Canoes. They made the Kayak that DH bought a couple of years ago. Then they sold that division of their company to another group who makes the exact same kayak but markets it under the name Perception Sport 12. I like the puffin' bunny and the Mad River logo, so naturally I had to make these for my Kayak. Hence the new vinyl. The orange is original, the Teal Kayak is my work. SO, here's my new puffin' bunny . . . .
IMAG0132.jpg

. . . my version of the Mad River Logo (made to reflect more of my style :ROFLMBO: )
IMAG0131.jpg

And just for fun, I made both of us a couple of Kenny Chesney inspired Pirate Flags, but with our fishing theme behind them.
IMAG0130.jpg

And of course, I had to make a b-day card for my son's girlfriend. This one actually meets the crop criteria. I found this one on Pinterest!
IMAG0133.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by sheri625 on April 25th, 2013, 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks!

Sheri
sheri625

Cutter: Lynx 12"

Postby kim » April 25th, 2013, 6:51 pm

Sheri, LOVE your work....I like the teal canoe better than the orange. LOL.

I am still on my kick of crafting. I got the MaisonMadeline SVGCuts kit that I was wanting. You know how I love my fleur de lis and when that kit had a fleur de lis in it, I targeted it. LOL. Well, I made the lamp. Will take a pic later....i want to embellish it but I don't have any of the trimming that Mary used and want to go to the store and try and find some. Maybe I can find the clock work stuff and make the clock next. I am supposed to be working and here I am playing. :hide: Well, I did work most of the day....just took a couple of hours off early.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby LisaH » April 25th, 2013, 8:11 pm

Great stuff Sheri! I'm not a canoe type of person...now the fishing I can get into! LOL
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Elizabeth » April 25th, 2013, 9:35 pm

Great projects, Sherri!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Elizabeth

Postby sheri625 » April 25th, 2013, 10:10 pm

Thanks everyone! I'm glad you like my projects.

The Kayaking started out as something my DH enjoyed. Then I tried it and found that I really, really enjoy the independence, the solitude and the quiet. I'm not into white water events, at least not yet. Both of our kayaks are geared for fishing. We tent camp with 2 other couples and enjoy exploring small lakes and rivers.
Thanks!

Sheri
sheri625

Postby Gigi » April 25th, 2013, 11:08 pm

Wonderful Sheri. The kayak is great and I really like the birthday card. Great work!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby kmmhug » April 25th, 2013, 11:16 pm

My husband and I have found we really like kayaking also and are looking to buy a double one to use this summer. We rented them a couple times last summer and decided that this was a new hobby we were gonna take up together. We enjoy going along the lake shore and exploring the different beaches and inlets we come to. We took our picnic along and make a day of it. No camping though. I like very active days, but do not like to sleep anywhere but a nice comfy bed at the end of them! lol!
Kathy
kmmhug

Cutter: Cougar 18" Cameo

Postby Elizabeth » April 26th, 2013, 8:40 am

I got my kayak for my 40th birthday, and I absolutely love it! It was a way to have a few peaceful hours to myself when my children were younger. DH and I have owned a canoe for years, and I like it, but the Kayak is so much better for me. I like being in the "drivers" seat!

Elizabeth

Postby sheri625 » April 26th, 2013, 9:00 am

Elizabeth wrote:I got my kayak for my 40th birthday, and I absolutely love it! It was a way to have a few peaceful hours to myself when my children were younger. DH and I have owned a canoe for years, and I like it, but the Kayak is so much better for me. I like being in the "drivers" seat!

This is me too. DH started this by building a kayak by hand. I called it garage therapy. LOL He was happily puttering around out there on and off for two years tinkering with this one. It was cut from a pattern, stitched together, then fiberglassed inside and out. It's a beautiful piece of work but every time I'm in it I'm afraid I'm going to scratch it or crack it or something terrible.
18Ready for water3.jpg

He always said he was going to build one for me but it just never happened. Since that was obviously a much beloved piece of work, he then built 2 canoes. They were heavy and extremely durable, but not as portable as we wanted. He sold them for enough to pay for them and it gave him the bug. He tried a friend's composite (plastic) kayak and was hooked. We can just toss them in the back of the truck and go. You don't worry about scratching them or them breaking, etc. Now we go camping once a month in the fall and spring and we all kayak. Lots of fun actually and I like being able to go where I want to go and not where he wants to go. We tend to stay close to each other but it's nice to be independent.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks!

Sheri
sheri625

Postby PennyDuncan » April 26th, 2013, 9:34 am

WOW...That is BEAUTIFUL!!!! What a special thing to have as well!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Postby kim » April 26th, 2013, 9:38 am

DH did a beautiful job on that!!!! Can certainly understand about not wanting to scratch, etc. My DH "rebuilt" a little boat (might as well have started from scratch) and then fiberglassing the thing. It's just a little wooden boat that he uses for fishing, but it was a labor of love.

Me, I love the outdoors and stuff, but I want my bathroom. I don't mind sleeping in tents, on the ground, etc....just give me by bathroom. :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: Oh, and you won't catch me on a lake around here unless there is a FAST motor on the boat......don't like alligators.
kim

Postby PennyDuncan » April 26th, 2013, 9:46 am

Oh I LOVE camping.....used to go a lot when my boys were young and in boy scouts......we would have a BLAST.......was always just me that went with my boys......that hubster was a dud!!! LOL But my dear sweet hubby now doesn't like camping... ;( Go figure....He LOVES hunting.....but not camping...me thinks he's not right!!! ;)
PennyDuncan

Postby kim » April 26th, 2013, 9:53 am

I don't mind the camping part....it's the bathroom part that I don't like. I camp, just PREFER my toilet. I just can't stand those portable potties. UGH. Or those traipses in the middle of the night. :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: I will never forget our first camping trip! Went to go canoeing and since there were supposed to be thunderstorms in Missouri, our friends and us decided to go to Texas. Drove all the way down to Houston Guadalupe River and then we got thunderstorms in the middle of the canoeing. Had trashbags covering us (it was a cold rain) and had to pull off and take shelter. We were so drenched, cold and miserable, we all opted to stay in a hotel. Had the little hibachi grill on the balcony and cooking our supper. Oh, and by the way, Missouri ended up not getting rain. :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
kim

Postby PennyDuncan » April 26th, 2013, 9:56 am

ROFL...OMG that is hilarious.....I'm with you on the potties for sure...they are DISGUSTING!!!! I hold it as long as I possibly can......and NEVER NEVER NEVER sit down.....not matter if there's paper on the seat or not........LOL
PennyDuncan

Postby Gigi » April 26th, 2013, 9:57 am

That is really a work of art, Sheri. Thanks for sharing!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Retta » April 26th, 2013, 10:07 am

We use to go camping with the youth group. Then canoeing. The thing was, the guys loved sinking our canoes. We were doing it on the river and it was really hard to get it righted. Somehow I remember those as fun days!! Oh give me a room with a poolside view and a hot tub right on the scene!!!

Actually use to love camping when we had a trailer and a lot at a Jellystone!!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby kim » April 26th, 2013, 10:16 am

I have more fun memories of all those "trips" gone awry than I do of the non-eventful trips. :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: Like the camping trip we made with a big group that DH and I each thought the other had grabbed the bag of clothes. We had no clothes to change into the whole weekend. And then the trip where we almost sank (the guys) the poontoon boat we rented. And then a storm came through where we took shelter in the van. We discover that our dome tent would flatten like a pancake in the strong wind and then just pop right up when the wind stopped. Of course DH didn't zip the flap up all the way and the inside got wet. I spent my childhood camping in Europe. We couldn't afford hotels so much, so parents took us all over Europe, camping most of the time. And we went everywhere....loved those days and really appreciate that my parents loved seeing everything.
kim

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges