January Card Challenge Info

January Card Challenge Info

Postby kathybessey » December 31st, 2011, 8:13 pm

While I am waiting for assistance in starting a new sub-group in the Crops and Challenges section of the forum I thought I would post a little bit about the January Card Challenge Info.

At this point I have seven people that have offered to do a challenge and seven that have offered up prizes. I would love to have ten challenges and a prize for each challenge if possible. If you are interested in doing either please let me know. I will be PM'ing those individuals that offered to confirm they are still willing to help out.

In the meantime - I am planning on the challenges beginning on Friday, January 13th (Yeah I know, go figure, my first hosting and it's on Friday the 13th LOL) and ending on Sunday, January 22nd - that gives two weeks to do all the different challenges.

The overwhelming suggestions for a crop/challenge was for everyday cards -- Birthday, Anniversary, Thank You, Thinking of You, Sympathy, Get Well, Congratulations, etc. So that's the direction we are going to go with this challenge. I am super excited about this and have been pouring over books, magazines and other places for some inspiration on the not so run-of-the-mill card types and styles.
kathybessey

Re: January Card Challenge Info

Postby Thyme » January 1st, 2012, 12:51 am

If I haven't already said so (I can't remember), I will give a prize
Thyme

Postby kathybessey » January 1st, 2012, 10:40 pm

Thanks so much Dawn, I sent you a PM last night about it. I will mark you down for a prize. Thanks again!!!
kathybessey

Postby Thyme » January 2nd, 2012, 4:48 am

Kathy, no pm in my inbox!
Thyme

Postby kathybessey » January 2nd, 2012, 2:49 pm

Hmmm, this may be why I have not heard back from others as well. Thanks Dawn. I have you marked down for a prize so I won't bother you with the PM LOL
kathybessey

Postby allandra42 » January 2nd, 2012, 4:23 pm

I will supply a prize and I also have no pm. :-)
Hours spent in my craftroom are considered by me "Time Well Spent"
Please visit my blog: http://timewellspentbylesa.blogspot.com/
allandra42

Cutter: 15 inch Cougar, 24 inch Silver Bullet

Postby kathybessey » January 2nd, 2012, 4:36 pm

allandra42 wrote:I will supply a prize and I also have no pm. :-)

Thanks!! I am not sure why they did not go through to everyone :banghead:

I also had you down to do a challenge - are you still willing to do that as well?
kathybessey

Postby CeCeCreates » January 2nd, 2012, 4:41 pm

Kathy, I had said I would do a challenge and a prize too, but have also not heard from you. I'm not very good at cards, but I will do my best!
CeCeCreates

Cutter: Black Cat 13 inch

Postby Thyme » January 2nd, 2012, 5:40 pm

kathybessey wrote:Hmmm, this may be why I have not heard back from others as well. Thanks Dawn. I have you marked down for a prize so I won't bother you with the PM LOL

Okie dokie
Thyme

Postby kathybessey » January 2nd, 2012, 6:17 pm

Thanks CeCe - I have you down for both. Still trying to figure out what happened to my PM's to folks LOL
kathybessey

Postby iggylover » January 2nd, 2012, 10:17 pm

kathybessey wrote:Thanks CeCe - I have you down for both. Still trying to figure out what happened to my PM's to folks LOL

Did you do something similar to one of my favorite mistakes and either hit 'Save' or the 'back' button rather than 'Submit'?
iggylover

Postby btrengove » January 2nd, 2012, 11:05 pm

So I am really new to the scrapbook challenge idea thing. But it sounds like fun, can anyone fill me in on what you are doing. Will it be just a card of a certain theme? Or will it be like the halloween/fall one where you have to make something with a certain kind of file?
btrengove

Postby kathybessey » January 2nd, 2012, 11:13 pm

iggylover wrote:
kathybessey wrote:Thanks CeCe - I have you down for both. Still trying to figure out what happened to my PM's to folks LOL

Did you do something similar to one of my favorite mistakes and either hit 'Save' or the 'back' button rather than 'Submit'?

LOL I don't know what happened, one person got one of the PM's I sent to her and three other people but no one else got it. And I don't have a clue what happened to the other one. Oh well, I sent them each an individual PM and made sure to pay attention to which button I clicked on (Submit!) LOL
kathybessey

Postby kathybessey » January 2nd, 2012, 11:21 pm

btrengove wrote:So I am really new to the scrapbook challenge idea thing. But it sounds like fun, can anyone fill me in on what you are doing. Will it be just a card of a certain theme? Or will it be like the halloween/fall one where you have to make something with a certain kind of file?

Sure I would be happy to try and explain this for you. We are going to posting 10 card challenges - each challenge will have either a specific theme to it - what each challenge hosts does with their challenge is up to them but what we are wanting to do is give folks ideas for everyday cards - like thank you cards, sympathy cards, congratulations, thinking of you, birthday cards (male especially as though as tough to come up with), etc. Each challenge host will design a card and the challenge will be for others to recreate it with their own spin on it, some hosts may provide a file - such as a card template or a file of something in their card - like a print and cut file or an svg file for an element of the card. The challenges will run from the 13th through the 22nd at which point each entry for each individual challenge will be counted and then a winner will be picked (using random.org) to award a prize to one person from each challenge. A supply list will be posted this coming week (and added to as each challenge host gives me their list of supplies needed) so that folks can pick up items if they need them. The nice thing about cards is that we typically have what we need -- paper, adhesive, embellishments LOL.

I hope you will join in with us and play along.
kathybessey

Postby btrengove » January 2nd, 2012, 11:34 pm

- Kathy
Do I have to do all 10... Do I have to Host a Challenge
Or can I just play along with a few for my first attempt?
- sorry I always have so many questions
btrengove

Postby Phyllis » January 2nd, 2012, 11:58 pm

Bev, I'm not Kathy, but I think I can answer your questions. You don't have to do a challenge and you don't have to do all 10, just do what you want to, just play along as you want or can. I don't know how much I'll be able to do either as I have some other things going on right now but these are so much fun, things have just been a little hectic lately.
Phyllis

Postby kathybessey » January 3rd, 2012, 1:26 am

Phyllis is correct and the challenges are always still here on the forum so folks can come back any time and see what they were, what others did with the challenges and do them whenever they want. There are few different challenges here in the forum that we have done in the past year and while I didn't get to do them all I go look at them for ideas and to try them myself from time to time. When the challenges start, just take a look at them, do what you want, post pictures in the thread of those that you do and you get put in the drawing for a prize :). Challenges are tons of fun and a great way to learn something new, find inspiration and get to know folks :)
kathybessey

Postby btrengove » January 3rd, 2012, 1:52 am

Wow this sounds like more fun than I thought. I know many groups have SERIOUS competitions this sounds more like my style. Inspiration - Fun - Creativity

I am in!! :D
btrengove

Postby allandra42 » January 3rd, 2012, 6:15 am

kathybessey wrote:
allandra42 wrote:I will supply a prize and I also have no pm. :-)

Thanks!! I am not sure why they did not go through to everyone :banghead:

I also had you down to do a challenge - are you still willing to do that as well?

Hmmm challenge No I dont think I offered to do that I am not that good.. LOL :hide: I can if you need me to but I prefer not to, it would drag me outta my little box.. haha
Hours spent in my craftroom are considered by me "Time Well Spent"
Please visit my blog: http://timewellspentbylesa.blogspot.com/
allandra42

Cutter: 15 inch Cougar, 24 inch Silver Bullet

Postby kathybessey » January 3rd, 2012, 8:03 pm

btrengove wrote:Wow this sounds like more fun than I thought. I know many groups have SERIOUS competitions this sounds more like my style. Inspiration - Fun - Creativity

I am in!! :D

We have lots of fun! No pressure, just fun, inspirations, laughs and learning new things or getting out of our comfort zones :)
kathybessey

Next

Return to Challenges