After the holidays crop - suggestions and input needed

After the holidays crop - suggestions and input needed

Postby kathybessey » December 4th, 2011, 7:28 pm

OK folks we need to do another crop as we haven't done one since October! So I am willing to host it and get things organized but am going to need a LOT of help! First - let's come up with a time that we want to do this -- definitely after the holidays are over. Second we need a theme -- Valentine's Day, Survived Holidays are the only things I can think of right now so help me out LOL

If you are interested in providing a challenge for the crop or providing a prize please PM.

This is my first crop hosting so please help me out - I have not a clue what I am doing :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
kathybessey

Re: After the holidays crop - suggestions and input needed

Postby CeCeCreates » December 4th, 2011, 7:49 pm

Well, first of all, is this a crop that we will link between blogs, or will it be a challenge type thing where we just post challenges here on the forum? Personally, I prefer that latter. But I will do whatever the majority would like.

Ideas: Valentines/St. Patrick's day combo

Ok, more like "idea", as that is all I can think of right now! :banghead:
CeCeCreates

Cutter: Black Cat 13 inch

Postby kathybessey » December 4th, 2011, 8:18 pm

I would prefer to do challenges here on the forum if that is alright with Sherri and Dawn. Blog hops are fun but I prefer the challenges/crop on here.
kathybessey

Postby CeCeCreates » December 4th, 2011, 8:32 pm

kathybessey wrote:I would prefer to do challenges here on the forum if that is alright with Sherri and Dawn. Blog hops are fun but I prefer the challenges/crop on here.

Sounds good to me. So, then you do not need a blog to host a challenge, so everyone can just jump right in!
CeCeCreates

Cutter: Black Cat 13 inch

Postby Suzan » December 4th, 2011, 8:36 pm

How about just a winter or cold weather theme. There are lots of things, like skiing, snow boarding, shoveling snow Not holiday related. Just things we do in winter
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby kathybessey » December 4th, 2011, 9:29 pm

CeCeCreates wrote:
kathybessey wrote:I would prefer to do challenges here on the forum if that is alright with Sherri and Dawn. Blog hops are fun but I prefer the challenges/crop on here.

Sounds good to me. So, then you do not need a blog to host a challenge, so everyone can just jump right in!

That is correct CeCe! :)
kathybessey

Postby Phyllis » December 4th, 2011, 10:41 pm

Me too since I don't have a blog, LOL. Any theme is OK with me.
Phyllis

Postby iggylover » December 5th, 2011, 12:35 am

Maybe different types of card for the challenges?

Birthday, Thank-You, Thinking of You... I figure if there were different types being done and shown, I might A) actually do some, and B) then have a ready-made stash to go to in a hurry.
iggylover

Postby kim » December 5th, 2011, 12:43 am

Post disappeared again. Shucks.

I might want to join in on this (no blog here) but I've never done an ATC card and really not sure what it is.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Retta » December 5th, 2011, 1:20 am

I can help. I think that you will do a great job. I don't give a lot of valentine or St. Patrick's day things so I would vote for card themes that would be for all year. Birthday, Anniversary, get well, congratulations, thank you.

ATC cards stand for Artist Trading Cards and are typically 2 1/2x3 1/2 inch decorated cards with information about the artist on the back. They are suppose to be traded and never sold. Many collect them like baseball cards and have cards from all over the world. They have swaps where people sign up to participate. They make a certain number of cards. Send them to the hostess and she swaps them out so that everyone gets one of everyone in that groups card. People get very creative with these. Usually the must fit into "baseball" type holders. Hope that helps It is really fun to do.
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby Thyme » December 5th, 2011, 4:00 am

I will provide a prize
Thyme

Postby pigtailpat » December 5th, 2011, 6:13 am

On this one I will also provide a prize. I had wanted to do a prize for the intended holiday crop, but poor christy had so many things going on, and pregnant on top, that the holiday crop did not go. I really wanted to contribute to the community, and I saw this as the way to do it.

My question is, if I provide a prize, can I still do the other challenges? Anytime after Jan. 15 is great, as that date I have a big deadline to meet. If you ladies want before, I will still manage to participate in the challenges.

Kathy - a tip - any needed supplies for a crop is usually posted ahead so that people can get them on hand.

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby Dana » December 6th, 2011, 10:26 am

Im in.... I'll give a challenge
Dana

Cutter: Lynx "Nikita"

Postby rachellann » December 6th, 2011, 1:29 pm

pigtailpat wrote:On this one I will also provide a prize. I had wanted to do a prize for the intended holiday crop, but poor christy had so many things going on, and pregnant on top, that the holiday crop did not go. I really wanted to contribute to the community, and I saw this as the way to do it.

My question is, if I provide a prize, can I still do the other challenges? Anytime after Jan. 15 is great, as that date I have a big deadline to meet. If you ladies want before, I will still manage to participate in the challenges.

Kathy - a tip - any needed supplies for a crop is usually posted ahead so that people can get them on hand.

Pat

The answer is YES even if you offer a prize we still are allowed to play right along with the others since we do not see what their challenges are we still can play.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby pigtailpat » December 6th, 2011, 5:42 pm

Thanks rach, that is good to know.

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby kathybessey » December 6th, 2011, 8:22 pm

Thanks for answering Pat's question Rach, I missed it somehow.
kathybessey

Postby Tyler » December 7th, 2011, 7:06 pm

Let me know - I am more than happy to help with a prize and/or challenge if needed! Thank you so much for doing this!! :excited:
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby CaseysAngel » December 8th, 2011, 9:25 pm

I just posted about this in the Moderator forum about doing something in January.LOL So I am in for whatever you need me for honey. I had suggested in their a winter/Valentine's theme so I'll suggest it again here. I should be finished up with all my volunteer work after Monday (well I have a drop off on Tuesday but that's easy lol) so I'll be around more.
CaseysAngel

Postby kate3 » December 9th, 2011, 10:24 am

I have never done a crop challenge but I loved doing the ATC cards so much I want to try this too. I think I would prefer cards as I am not good at them and I need a challenge. :shock: OK, just saying cards scared me. :hide: I am happy with what is decided. Well I don't like Valentines but I can do winter again in the summer. I like the suggestion of all types of cards from Retta.
kate3

Postby kathybessey » December 9th, 2011, 10:48 pm

Thanks everyone that has offered prizes and or doing a challenge. Those offering to do a challenge -- I will be PM'ing you shortly. Christy, good to see you on here again. Hope you are doing well.
kathybessey

Next

Return to Challenges