Christmas Crop PLEASE READ

Christmas Crop PLEASE READ

Postby CaseysAngel » October 28th, 2011, 11:01 pm

Hi everyone,

I have thought and thought and have decided I will not be doing the Christmas Crop. I have so much going on right now, much more than I originally expected, that I'm pushing time limits as it is. I just am not going to have the time to get it all together, chase down sponsors, keep it running smoothly, and then get it shut down I'm afraid. I'd rather not start it at all if I'm not 100% sure I can dedicate the time needed to run it smoothly.

So, If anyone would like to step up and host it please feel free to do so and I will help you in anyway that I can if you need me.

My apologies to all,
Christy
CaseysAngel

Re: Christmas Crop PLEASE READ

Postby iggylover » October 29th, 2011, 12:45 am

Honey,

I'm glad you are realizing you are human with some limitations right now. You go ahead and take time for your other obligations, the primary one being keeping yourself and little Summer Dawn healthy. You are in my thoughts and prayers dear.
iggylover

Postby Thyme » October 29th, 2011, 3:21 am

Christy, no apologies needed!
You have so much going on already and you need to think of yourself and Summer. Those are the two important things
Big hugs
Thyme

Postby Phyllis » October 29th, 2011, 9:27 am

Christy, I agree with the others, take care of yourself and the little one.
Phyllis

Postby Gigi » October 29th, 2011, 12:35 pm

Totally agree Christy and glad you are taking care of yourself and realizing your limitations.

I think a lot of us are feeling pushed these days so maybe we can just do a less structured crop and share our Christmas projects - or have a theme a week (gifts, cards...) Just thinking off the top of my head which is dangerous! That way no one has to feel the "burden" or pressure of anything on them - we can all just continue to share??

The important thing is that you are taking care of you - that's a good thing. Everything else will fall into place!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Dana » October 29th, 2011, 2:35 pm

I totally agree.... take care of your self and that sweet baby girl. I would offer to run one, but I know that I cannot handle it either with everything going on with Mark right now.

So PLEASE OH PLEASE, TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND THAT BABY. Love ya sweetheart!!!
Dana

Cutter: Lynx "Nikita"

Postby Elizabeth » October 29th, 2011, 4:40 pm

Hey Christy! Good for you for knowing when to say Uncle! I agree with everyone else, the most important thing you can be doing right now is taking care of yourself and Summer and the rest of your beautiful family.

I have enough projects on my to-do list to keep me going until Christmas and beyond, so I'm ok without a crop. (However, if someone decides to organize one, I would be happy to provide a challenge and a prize.)

Hugs!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby JeannetteC » October 29th, 2011, 9:14 pm

No problem Christy. Take care of yourself and your family.
October's been a blur. It's end of month and I haven't managed one project for the current challenge. I'm really sorry about that because I know a lot of work went into it.
JeannetteC

Postby corwins » October 30th, 2011, 8:34 am

I love the challenges, crops, and blog hops but I am with you on not doing another for a while. There is not much participation for having 600+ members. It would be awesome if more would participate. I always love seeing what others do.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt by the heart. Helen Keller

http://www.mycardspot.blogspot.com
corwins

Cutter: Black Cat Cougar 13"

Postby CaseysAngel » October 31st, 2011, 9:23 pm

Jeannette, there is no need to apologize honey. I didn't get one done either. Just way to much going on!!!!!

If others want to post challenges I'm sure we could open a place for them (or just use the regular challenge forum). I could also rename the July Christmas Crop thread to just Christmas challenges if anyone thinks that would be of interest.
CaseysAngel

Postby kate3 » November 2nd, 2011, 10:53 am

Wow Christy,
You are a wife, mother, moderator, maker of helpful video's and in the 2nd half of a pregnancy that could use a little care and rest to get to the end. I don't see a problem, it should be a breeze. I have hardly anything going on right now just the odd stress and I couldn't do it. Give yourself a break girl, you have earned it and you need it. Just doing Christmas for your family is a big one alone. I thought she was Summer De-Anne after your sister?
kate3

Postby kim » November 2nd, 2011, 8:28 pm

Christy, I don't know how you find the time and energy to host the challenges/crops as it is. My goal is to participate in one. You just take care of yourself and the little one.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Suzan » November 3rd, 2011, 4:03 pm

Same here Kim. I have only participated in 2 projects. LOL and I have no excuses.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Trisha » November 3rd, 2011, 8:42 pm

I have been so overwhelmed lately that I have been MIA. Just ow catching up on things on the boards, and seeing this.

I completely agree, Christy, that you should be taking care of yourself right now. Your priorities appear to be in the right order. I believe it is the mark of a mature person to both recognize her limitations and behave accordingly. The kind of self sacrifice that wears a person down and leads to illness (or even death!) serves no good purpose. Kudos, Darlin'!!

Trisha
In God We STILL Trust
Trisha

Postby MeFlick » November 16th, 2011, 8:44 am

Glad you are taking time for yourself! Don't worry about any of the boards, or challenges. We will stumble along while you take care of yourself, the new baby growing, and your family and off board needs! Hugs to all! I haven't had much time to be on the boards or to create myself! Take care! Thanks for all the work you have done for all of us here!
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby CaseysAngel » December 8th, 2011, 9:28 pm

YIKES sorry guys. I'm late to reply. I am sooooooooooooo happy I made the decision to not continue though because I wouldn't have made it. I'd have been a flake I'm afraid.LOL

Anyway thank you all for your support. I have been BLESSED by so many this Christmas season and can only help that my children and I have blessed others half as much as they blessed us!!!!!!

Merry Christmas to All,

Christy!!
CaseysAngel

Postby Thyme » December 9th, 2011, 4:19 am

Hey Christy, good to see you again!!!
Thyme

Postby Trisha » December 9th, 2011, 7:44 am

Hey, Christy! I've been wondering about you! Good to hear from you!! Merry Christmas, Sweetie!

Trisha
In God We STILL Trust
Trisha

Postby CaseysAngel » December 9th, 2011, 8:47 am

Hi Dawn and Trisha!!!!!!!!! Great to see you all as well!!!!!!!!
CaseysAngel

Postby Elizabeth » December 9th, 2011, 9:01 am

Hey Christy girl! Glad to see you back, if only for a quick minute. I've been thinking of you lots lately, and hoping that you and your family are having a wonderful holiday season.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Next

Return to Challenges